Sunday 1 December 2013

WEEK 8

When I read the posts of my online fellow learners, I realize that all of  you have gone through a very busy Week 8. I am no exception to the rule. Between the first draft of the final project to write, the discussion and the other tasks awaiting us, I felt that it had been a very fruitful and instructive week.

We had to deal with Online Tools to Enhance Learning. After the different readings and checking the sites which provide tools to help the educators and the learners, I can say that I was really kind of lagging behind when it came to integrating technology in my classes. With such a multitude of tools available, one can completely change one's way of teaching- for the very best. We have the means to reach the learners, provide them with tools so that in the end, they like what they are doing.

I was particularly impressed by these two sites:
These offer much in terms of online and offline exercises.Hot Potatoes is simple and fun to use and will certainly please my learners. We can use this tool to prepare online 'gap fill exercises' , quizzes, matching exercises and many more. The answers are generated automatically and the learner will not have to wait to know about his score.

Of course, I need to speak about the first draft of my final project. It was a very challenging task but in the end, I could make it. I will try to integrate technology in my classes next year and implement the project. My only wish is that it works and let's hope that my students develop an interest for literature. With the support of the administration and my colleagues, I am sure that things will work out fine and we can work towards integrating technology in our classes. 


1 comment:

  1. Hello Jennifer!
    The week was really not an easy one, and for me it was also a trial to manage my draft project. The resourses proposed are great inded. I also liked the two you have mentioned. They are excellent and ideal for the teaching the skills in language acquisition and the power of manipulating with the computer and getting response and stimulating feedback.I am sure you have already lots of ideas how to use them in class.
    Best regards
    Inesa

    ReplyDelete